Turkish Accreditation Agency (TÜRKAK) which is affiliated with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Türkiye, with its headquarters in Ankara, subject to private law, has legal personality, is a non-profit organisation, has administrative and financial autonomy and special budget was established in 1999.
TÜRKAK with the objectives of accrediting conformity assessment bodies, ensuring that such bodies operate in accordance with national and international standards and thus the certificates issued by conformity assessment bodies be nationally and internationally recognised is the sole national accreditation body recognised by the Turkish government.
- For Laboratory Service Providers: TS EN ISO / IEC 17025
- For Accreditation of Medical Laboratories: TS EN ISO 15189
- For Accreditation of Proficiency Testing Providers: TS EN ISO / IEC 17043
- For Inspection Bodies: TS EN ISO / IEC 17020
- For Personnel Certification Organizations: TS EN ISO / IEC 17024
- Management System Certification For Organizations: TS EN ISO / IEC 17021
- For Product Certification Bodies: TS EN ISO / IEC 17065
As of 2008, mutual recognition agreement with the European Accreditation Alliance in all accreditation areas subject to mutual recognition agreements has been signed. TÜRKAK is a full member of the European Accreditation Alliance (EA), the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and the International Laboratory Accreditation Association (ILAC).
Detailed information about TÜRKAK can be found at www.turkak.org.tr