ANNOUNCEMENT: IFS Food Version 8 is Now Released!
IFS Food Standard 8th Version was published by IFS on April 18, 2023. All certificates issued from the previous version, Version 7, will remain valid until the expiration dates specified on the certificates. In general, it will be possible to perform the new version audits from October 1, 2023. However, it will be mandatory to perform IFS Food Version 8 audits as of January 1, 2024. For the sites whose unannounced audit period falls on or after October 1, 2023, Version 8 audits will be mandatory from October 1, 2023.
What is New in Version 8?
- The B score is classified as a deviation.
- IFS Star status is introduced to indicate that the audit was unannounced.
- It will be possible to add an EU PDO (Protected Mark of Origin) or PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) to the IFS Certificate with a disclaimer.
- Companies must define objectives for each of the four dimensions of food safety culture.
- The reporting time, the number of doctrine rules, and other administrative requirements have been significantly reduced to ensure compliance with the documentation requirements of GFSI benchmarking and accreditation.
- The restructured checklist follows the audit process more consequently and increases the audit’s efficiency. For example, food defence is now part of chapter 4.
- The standard is aligned with Codex Alimentarius and ISO 22003-2 and GFSI Benchmarking Requirements.
- The wording in the checklist has been made more consistent and clear to better clarify the purpose of the requirements. In addition, the word “assesment” has been changed to “audit” in accordance with ISO 22003-2.
- Triple certification is no longer possible and certificate information about the status of logistics is no longer highlighted.
- In case the company’s processes are simple, it is possible to shorten the on-site audit and the audit time.
You can access the 8th version of the IFS Food Standard for Free on the IFS Website:
As USB Certification, we will be happy to assist you if there is a subject you would like us to support.