DAkkS was established in 2009 as the national accreditation body of the Federal Republic of Germany. It has given approximately 4,300 accreditation authorizations; It evaluates, approves and monitors the technical competence of test laboratories, inspection and certification bodies. DAkkS Accreditation creates trust in the services of “conformity assessment” bodies, as it legally confirms that an organization fulfils the normative, statutory and other requirements applicable to it and is able to competently perform a particular activity.
The legal framework of DAkkS as the National Accreditation Agency is determined by European Regulation (EC) No. 765/2008 and the German law (AkkStelleG) governing the national accreditation body. While DAkkS is a legal authority in Germany and Europe due to its creation by the Federal Republic; It acts as an administrative authority beyond European borders.
- Certification bodies for products, processes and services: DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065
- Testing and calibration laboratories: DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
- Medical laboratories: DIN EN ISO 15189
- Inspection Bodies: DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020
- Certification bodies for management systems: DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021-1
- Certification bodies for persons: DIN EN ISO/IEC 17024
- Verification and Validation Bodies: DIN EN ISO 14065
- Proficiency Test Providers: DIN EN ISO/IEC 17043
- Reference Material Producers: DIN EN ISO 17034
- Biobanks: DIN EN ISO 20387
International Acceptance and Validity
Since it started working in 2010, DAkkS has been firmly committed to European and international accreditation structures. It is a member of the European Accreditation Association (EA), the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) and has signed mutual recognition agreements (MLA/MRA). The aim of this international cooperation is to reduce barriers to international trade and to ensure the worldwide acceptance of conformity assessments through accreditation.
You can find detailed information about DAkkS at www.dakks.de.
We have accreditation in the fields of BRCGS Food and IFS Food certification within the scope of DIN EN ISO / IEC 17065 from the DAkkS accreditation institution.